WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Under the Weather Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #79 Tiddlyinks.

'Donna'
Good morning Sweet Sketch Wednesday followers, here it is another wonderful, warm summers day here in New Zealand. The last few nights we've been sleeping with a sheet over us and all our bedroom windows open just to cool the room down and for us to have a good nights sleep. My boys have 6 more days of school before they break up for the year and their Christmas break. I think they're counting down the days. This week I think their mother has lost her Mojo.......and I do hope it comes back real soon?
Sketch #79
This is another great sketch from our very talented Arlana here at
This week our Sponsor is
Christy Croll
from
Digital Images

Christy is offering our very lucky winner this week

$10.00 Gift Certificate
If you haven't used one of Christy's images what are you waiting for, here's the link to hop over and grab some, shout yourself some for Christmas.
http://tiddlyinks.com

Thanks Christy for being our Sponsor this week you have such lovely images to work with, our Design Team this week have been spoilt for choice.



Card Recipe:
Base:
White SU card and Navy Blue Bazzill

Papers: mauve handmade paper form Craft Creations
Design Paper: Large Circles from Rosie's Collection and the small blue circles is a Digital paper from Gina K Design from her Jersey Shore Collection Penny Candy. I love this paper.
Image: Donna from Tiddly Inks
Colour Medium: Copic markers, Black Gel embossing pen.
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Circle, Scalloped Circle, Mauve and Baby Blue Inks for sponging for the sky.
Embellishments: Ribbon, Gems from my stash and the flower I made up layering 3 silk flowers on top of each other and added the silk green leaves.
Paper Piecing: The umbrella was paper pieced.


Please grab a cuppa and check out what the rest of the Design Team over
at Sweet Sketch Wednesday
have come up with this week you won't be disappointed and leave them some sweet messages.
Many thanks for all you lovely comments.
Take care and have a great week.

Kathie

xox

13 comments:

Sharon Basel said...

You still have your Mojo Kathie! This is the cutest card. I adore this image and your coloring is absolute perfection on it. Very nice colors - I love purples and blues together anyway. I love the paper combination here and the one with the texture is wonderful paper-pieced on the umbrella. It's so fun to see the kids' excitement at this time of year isn't it? I get just as excited - especially thinking about being off work for the holidays!!! This time next week you'll have your hands full! Have a great week!
Hugs to you,
Sharon

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Nope, your mojo has not left you. Another sweet card! I love the soft colors and the paper piecing is fabulous!! Sounds like you are enjoying your summer.

Have a super-duper week!
Deanne :)

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh my I am loving all the dots!! Oh and it sure doesn't look to me like you lost your mojo, this card is so adorable!! Love the paper piecing on the umbrella. I think I need to run over to Gina K's and check out those papers - :)
Have a great sunny week my friend!

Linda Anderson said...

Kathie, I know the "lost mojo" feeling! But I've gotta tell ya, this card is so super sweet, I think you've found it!!! Love this image and your coloring! Great papers too. Have yourself a wonderful week...and could you share some of that warm sunshine!! I'm tired of the snow and bitter cold already!!!

Linda

Jeannie said...

I just think this is very sweet and the colors are very fresh! We're still in the 70's here in Phoenix, but some rain would be wonderful. Take care!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Rachel said...

Fab card Kathie! I love it! The image is super cute and I love the umbrella! Gorgeous colours and fab colouring! Hope you have a good week. Wedgie xxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I didn't get any photos from you. Are they of your Christmas tree maybe???

Deanne :)

mulberry station said...

Oh Kathie, you haven't lost your mojo...I promise. Your card is soo cute. I love the embossed effect of the umbrella. I know that you paper pieced it but it looks embossed too. It is so cute. I love how you colored her hair.
It is nice and warm right now were I live but that just keeps changing from week to week. I think that is why I keep getting sick. It has really been a rough few weeks. Enjoy your nice warm weather and enjoy your holiday! Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year.
Hugs, Nancy

Céline said...

Hi Kathie!
cute card, love the paper piecing on the image!
hugs
céline

sweetbloominscraps said...

Kathie, I am wishing I could enjoy your warm weather! But at least we are not freezing this week...just lots of rain and dampness! Your mojo is not gone! This card intrigues me! I love your umbrells and the paper that matches it. Did you create it with a paper punch? It looks so dimensional! The dots are so clever for the rain effect! Your mojo is hot! This little gal is colored adorably. I love her hair and her boots and the puddle under her feet! Great effect!

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Kathie, Your card is just too sweet. That was almost the image I used.i loved that one too. You did it so perfectly. I love your colors and your paper pieced umberella. You havent lost your mojo not one bit!!!! Couldnt be SWEETER. Thanks for all you do.

Heide said...

What a super card, the image is adorable and love the paper pieced umbrella.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Suupppper cute!!! :)