WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #107

Bini Shop Girl (Shop till ya drop)

Good morning everyone here it is another wonderful sweet Wednesday,  and you all know what that means it's Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  Where has that week gone again as I'm getting older those days are getting shorter and I seem to be getting a lot less done or am I just getting a little slower at doing things???  I do think a bit of both LOL.  This week has been a hard one for me with my creativeness or a lack of it.   I thought I would work outside my comfort zone and use colours I don't usually use PINK AND BROWN.  I love looking at other peoples cards with these colours or blue and brown or yellow and brown, but for me I just couldn't pull it off! I do think I've lost my mojo whilst making this card I had all these great intentions using these colours and my great image and I feel I could have done better.
Well I'm excited on Friday I'm going to SENZ which is a large display of retail stores, classes and demonstrations for crafts so after a day there my mojo may return.  I've never been before so this year I'm off and it's only a 30 minute drive away from where I live isn't that great?  I'll report in next week letting you know that I didn't spend any money and didn't buy anything for crafting
Ya right.... Ha Ha Ha............

Congratulations to all of last weeks winners there were so many amazing creations we have some wonderful talented followers.

Our sketch this week is another one of Arlana's wonderful and new creations.  I love this one as it really shows off your design papers.

Sketch # 107

 This week our design Diva's have had some wonderful images to work with from our new sponsor
Amber Inks

This week Amber Inks is offering our lucky winner a

$15.00 Gift Voucher
To spend on some of their wonderful creations.
If you haven't visited Amber Inks please drop by and have a look at some of their amazing images .


Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Diva's have created just for you this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, so grab a coffee and let you fingers do the tapping.  Show the girls how much you love their cards, make their day and leave them some wonderful comments!

Card Recipe:

Base: White SU

Coloured Card: Chocolate Brown Bazzill.

Paper: American Crafts The Goods Lil'Lady double sided stripes and plain pink.

Image: Bini Shop Girl from Amber Inks.

Colour Medium: Copics, Pink glitter gel pen.

Sentiment: PC generated using Kristen ITC font.

Tools: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug embossing folder, pink ink, pop dots, glue dots.

Embellishments: Pink Pearls, Pink Ribbon, Checked Ribbon, Flowers, lace from my stash.  The hat box and the bottom is part of the digital set, as well as handbags and shoes.


I can't wait to see what everyone creates this week so get crafting, wishing everyone a wonderful week crafting and a great weekend.

Hugs



10 comments:

Patti P. said...

Kathie, I love pink and brown and I think you've done this one up proud...I am loving everything about it. The paper piecing and the ombre effect on her dress is fab as is those cute flowers. Wish that I could go to that stamp show with you and not spend any money!!! There is a group of us here on the east coast that met online that go to one in North Carolina in July where we shop and have lunch and catch up in person, can't wait to attend in a few weeks.
Have a great day!
Patti

mulberry station said...

Oh my Kathie, you haven't lost your Mojo...your card is adorable. And, the pink and brown is perfect!! I love all your added embellies. They are so cute!! This is such a fun image and it was really fun to use paper piecing with it. Great minds do think alike. I love this image in pink. And, I love the gal in brown hair. Beautifully done, my friend!!
Hugs, Nancy

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I bet your wont spend a dime :) Go and have a blast. Love your card this week. You did such a perfect job on it. the papers are just so fun. off to get ready to see Nancy and Judi. Hugs Arlana

Sharon Basel said...

Hi Kathie!
You have NOT lost your mojo - this is wonderful. Your coloring is always perfect, especialy here and I love the paper piecing of the bags. The embossing of those flowers is a terrific touch - especially with your embellishments. And that ribbon is so pretty too. This is a perfect girlie card and I love it. Hope you have a great week!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Jeannie said...

Well it doesn't look like any mojo was lost to me...it's just adorable! I love the pink and brown, the flowers, the lace, and the paper piecing! (It's 112 here!)

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Linda Anderson said...

Well I love your card Kathie!!! And I love your coloring and paper piecing too!!! Have fun crafting!!!

Linda

Genevieve said...

Oh Kathie! This card is totally gorgeous, you certainly haven't lost your mojo! I love the pink & Brown combo, the paper pieced bags are so cute. Enjoy your trip & Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Tc
Genevieve

melody said...

i love your card chickie ~ no lost mojo there! the color mix is scrumptious...and love that image ...especially the dress tones!
beautifull done as always

Sandybeaches said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration and also for the lovely comments on my blog:)

Chrissy said...

This is a gorgeous card Kathie, love the colour combo, really pretty, great image, and loooove the sentiment, thats my one major belief...lol..
Luv CHRISSYxx