WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch#112

Classic Fashion Elegance

Hi everyone wow it's Wednesday again and that means its Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  I'm back from they Sunny Gold Coast in Australia and back to a New Zealand winter.  Before we left the New Zealand winter had been one of our warmest on record and very little snow that's why we didn't go skiing.  This week its just the opposite, one of our coldest on record and snow every where.  Closing some of our Airports down, it's either a feast or a famine.

New Zealand's Snow
we don't have snow where we live.

Gold Coast Australia

I would rather be back on the Gold Coast or even Carins Australia at present as it's a lot warmer and a lot of sunshine and it's only a 3 hour flight from New Zealand.

Congratulations to all our winners this week there were so many amazing cards.

Sketch #112
I just love this sketch.

This week our sponsor is Tammy from

A Day For Daisies

Tammy is offering our lucky winner this week
$12.00 Gift Certificate
 for her online shop

Hop over to Tammy's shop you won't be disappointed as there are so many wonderful images to choose from,  I  just love creating with them.

Now I have your attention hop over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and see what our wonderful creative Design Team Diva's have created for you this week using A Day for Daisies images and don't forget to leave them a comment.

My Card Recipe:




Base: White SU
Card: Peacock Bazzill
Design Paper: DCWV Wedding Paper Pack
Image: Classic Fashion from A Day For Daisies

Colour Medium: Copic's, atyou Spica By Copic, Black and Silver
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Ovals and Classic Ovals Scalloped Nestabilities, silver ink on the edges, glue dots, pop dots.
Embellishments:  Peacock ribbon, lace and pearls from my stash
I made this embellishment for my card so that it matched her embellishment on her hair piece and dress. 

Thank you for all of your kind comments, they are very much appreciated. 
Wishing everyone a wonderful week with your families and crafting.
Now I'm off to organise my sons 10th Birthday dinner for Saturday night.

Hugs always





10 comments:

mulberry station said...

I hope you are bundled up and staying warm. It is so hot here that it is hard to imagine that it is cold somewhere else. Winter is coming though... Kathie, I adore your gorgeous, gorgeous card. That flower is amazing. It is perfect with your image and you couldn't have come up with anything better! I love it!!! I have never thought about using grays for clothing and you have pulled it off so well. There is such a vintage feel to your card. Your ribbon and lace is perfect as well. As is your papers. Gorgeous card, my friend. Have a wonderful week!! I am glad you are home safe and had a good time.
Hugs,
Nancy

mckinkle said...

Hello Kathie,

Your trip to Oz sounds perfect! Im sure it passed all too quickly though and then there was the snowy conditions to return to!

I reckon you'll need another break after the birthday weekend!!

Beautiful card Kathie, I just.0
adore the gorgeous teal crocheted flower that youve made. It is beautiful!

Keryn x

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Kathie, New Zealand snow is beautiful but like you, I am a fair weather person...certainly liking the warmer temperatures. I know it will be here before I am ready for it. Kathie, your cards are always so elegant. The turquoise and grey is just so lovely! That feather is the crowning touch! Thanks so much for your sweet comments. I will truly miss making cards with the DT. Have a great week!
Hugs, Judi

Patti P. said...

Stunning!!! Such a beautiful, elegant card...love the art deco feel of this and your handmade embellie, gorgeous! So glad you had a wonderful time on your vacation...we have friend that just returned from Australia after a 3 week trip. Take care, enjoy the party and have a wonderful week.
Patti

Jeannie said...

How did you make that amazing embellishment?! It could not be more perfect with this glamorous gal! I love how you extended her dress beyond the oval, and the colors are just stunning! Amazing as usual my friend! So glad you had a good vacation too!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Genevieve said...

Hi Kathie! Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday. Your card is gorgeous as always, it's so elegant & your flower is beautiful, very creative. Hope you have a good week & keep warm :)

Tc
Genevieve

Linda Anderson said...

Oh what an absolutely stunning card Kathie!!! Your embellishments send this right over the top!! A real winner here!!! Have a wonderful weekend, stay warm!

Linda

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card, what a wonderful image.
luv
Debby

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW, Kathie your card is break taking beautiful and your handmade ornament is absolutely fabulous!!

Stay bundle up - yikes that's alot of snow!

Sharon Basel said...

This is absolutely stunning Kathie. The drama of the image with those gorgeous papers and that incredible flower embellishment just makes for a magnificent card.