WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Our sponsor is Sami Stamps with a twist of Paper Piecing.


Welcome everyone to my blog and to another wonderful

Firstly I would like to apologise to everyone especially my fellow design team members, and our wonderful followers for not commenting on your blogs about your amazing cards this week.  I had  a heck of a week with sporting commitments travelling 100's of kilometres each day for 5 days in a row and at the end of it I didn't know if I was Arthur or Martha.  As of today I have one son back at school and the second starts next Monday and then I'll be able to get back to routines and reality.

This week Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 has a twist, the last week of each month we won't be having a new sketch, you can choose your favourite one from the past month and January's twist is PAPER PIECING.

This week I have chosen sketch # 002 it wasn't my favourtie sketch #001 was but felt that the image I was using best fitted this sketch and after creating my card with sketch #001 I felt I couldn't do that sketch justice again as I loved my first attempt so much.  

Sketch #002



Here's is this weeks card and my card I made earlier this month using this same sketch.


This week we have a new Sponsor which is 



Bio:
   
Hello! I’m so happy to be here as a Sponsor for Sweet Sketch Wednesday! Sami Stamps provides a variety of high quality Digital Stamps in both JPEG and PNG formats.  I hope you enjoy crafting with Sami Stamps as much as I enjoy illustrating them!
If you’re having fun here, please feel free to come check us out!
Click on a link to Visit our...   


The prize this week for our lucky winner is 

Prize:  $12.00 Gift Certificate

to Sami Stamps Shop.


Don't forget to drop by Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what the rest of the design team have created using Fresh Brewed Design images.



Card Recipe:


1. Base: White SU
2. Coloured Card: Pink and Peach Kaisercraft Card
3. Design Paper: By One Heart, One Mind.

 4. Image: Umbrella Splash by Sami Stamps
5. Colour Medium: Copics there is such little colouring I feel very lazy.
6. Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Classic Circle Large, Lacy Circle, Pop Dots, Glue Dots.
7. Embellishments: Paper Piecing, Corner Die, Peach Satin Ribbon, Cream Stain flowers coloured with Copics to match, gems.

Take care everyone wishing you all a wonderful week and happy crafting.


7 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Kathie, love the bright color of your beautiful card. It is soooo cold here. It is -20 with the windchill that we haven't had school for the past two days. Sounds like you have been BUSY! Hope you are having fun with the boys.

Jeannie said...

Hi Kathie! While I was walking my puppy at lunch time I saw some orange and yellow flowers and I was thinking about what a pretty combination they were, and then I come by and visit and see that your card are those colors! What a beautiful job you always do, and the paper piecing works perfectly with this stamp too. I hope you're doing well. Take care!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Heide said...

I just love these colors together. Your image is just adorable and great paper piecing.
Hugs, Heide

Joanna M. said...

Gorgeous colors Kathie! This is a darling card. It was funny because I considered piecing the dress too but worried that it would look too overworked but it doesn't. Looks great pieced. Nice job!

Linda Anderson said...

How precious Kathie!! Love your image and wonderful paper piecing. Such great colors too.

Linda

mulberry station said...

I love paper piecing. Your striped umbrella is so cute. Really love your card. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Nancy

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!!! I love the orange color scheme! Your card has been displayed in the Sami Stamps Crafter's Gallery.

http://samistamp.blogspot.com/p/crafters-gallery.html